Updated: June 2, 2023
The materials on this website or mobile application are provided by Lease Protector, a Florida limited liability company (hereinafter, “Lease Protector” “we” or “us”). The Lease Protector website at https://leaseprotector.com/ (including all content under the “leaseprotector.com” domain name) is owned by Lease Protector LLC, and is referred to herein as the “Website.” Through the Website and our mobile application (“App”) we provide services and tools to: help landlords/property managers enter into and manage real estate leases; assist with move-in/out inspection; allow landlords and tenants to communicate; send and manage maintenance requests; send and receive rental payments; and assist with other real estate management transactions (collectively the “Services”).
For the purpose of this Agreement, their term “Personal Data” refers to any information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Where applicable by law, Personal Data does not include aggregate information or other anonymized information (including metadata) collected by us that cannot be used to identify you, even if such information was derived from your Personal Data.
California Privacy Rights. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended, including by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020, (together the “CCPA”) enhances privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California. Under the CCPA, California residents have specific rights around Lease Protector’s collection, use, and sharing of their personal information, including the right to: i) access, delete and correct; ii) object to sale and sharing; iii) right to opt-out of behavioral profiling and automated decision-making; iv) to object to the use of sensitive personal information; v) right to data portability. We do not sell your personal information, and we will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt out.
To exercise your rights you may have under the GDPR or CCPA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include enough detail for us to locate your account; at a minimum, your name, email and username, if any. We will attempt assist you with your request within (30) days of receipt. We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year, or requests submitted to an address other than the one posted in this notice. Please note that the GDPR and CCPA do not cover all information sharing our disclosures only include information covered by the law.
IMPORTANT: By providing us with your email and telephone contact information through our Website or App, you further agree that we may send you information and marketing email and text messages. You may opt out from receiving such email and text messages at any time by contacting us or clicking any provided opt out link.
Who Collects Your Information?
We do. We collect information from you via the Services, and we are responsible for protection of that information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Requested Information. Throughout the Website and App, we may request specific Personal Data to deliver our Services, conduct marketing activity, gather feedback, provide customer support, respond to and process your requests for information, and run our business operations. The Personal Data we collect varies depending on the Services you are using. You may choose not to provide your Personal Data, but you might not be able to take full advantage of some of the features of our Services.
The types of Personal Data we collect and save include:
- Contact and account registration information such as name, email address, physical address, phone number, SSN, driver’s license number, business name, business physical address, business email address, business URL, employer, job title;
- Financial information such as bank account information, credit information, credit card number, name, CVV code, date of expiration;
- Information that you provide in using our Services, such as information about your available rental properties, rental requirements and similar content for processing through the Services;
- Information you provide such as feedback, comments or other messages;
- Technical information collected in our logs (e.g., your IP address, page URLs and timestamp, etc.); and
- Device information such as the mobile phone provider associated with your device, your device’s unique identifier, the type of device and its operating system, browser versions, installed plug-ins, screen resolution, installed fonts, language, the pages or features accessed most frequently, calls and messages placed through the Services, how pages or features of the Services are used, search terms entered, and similar analytics about use of the Services.
- We may use data capture, analysis and similar tools to extract, compile, synthesize and analyze non-Personal Data collected via your access and use of the Service (“Anonymous Data”). We may further aggregate and combine your de-identified Anonymous Data (such as age, gender, race, religion, marital status, net worth, household income, the type of browser you are using, device type, the operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider) with the Anonymous Data of others (“Aggregated Data”). To the extent that we collect any Anonymous Data or Aggregated Data, we shall own such Anonymous Data or Aggregated Data and may use it for any lawful business purpose without a duty to account for such use to you, provided that Anonymous Data is used only in an aggregated form, without specifically identifying the source of the Anonymous Data. Without assuming any obligations or liabilities of yours, we agree to use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with applicable laws and regulations respecting the dissemination and use such Anonymous Data or Aggregated Data.
- We may collect, maintain, process and use your location data, including the real-time geographic location of your mobile device (“Location Data”) as necessary to provide the Services’ full functionality. By using or activating any location-based services on a mobile device, you agree and consent to our collection, maintenance, publishing, processing and use of your Location Data in order to provide you with the Services. You may withdraw your consent to our use of your Location Data at any time by turning off the location-based services on the mobile device you are using, or by not using any location-based features. Turning off or not using location-based features may impact the functionality of the Services as delivered to you. Location Data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. You understand that Location Data provided by the Services may not be accurate. We do not guarantee the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability or timeliness of Location Data displayed by the Services.
Why Is My Information Being Collected?
We collect your Personal Data to deliver our Services, conduct marketing activity, gather feedback, provide customer support, respond to and process your requests for information, and run our business operations. You may choose not to provide your Personal Data, but you might not be able to take full advantage of some of the features of our Services.
We also collect Aggregate Data to help us better understand and design the Services. We collect log information for monitoring purposes to help us to diagnose problems with our servers, administer and troubleshoot the Services, calculate usage levels, and provide support to you.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the Personal Data you provide for the purposes for which you have submitted it including:
- Responding To Your Inquiries and Fulfilling Your Requests. We may use your Personal Data to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill your requests for information.
- Creating and Maintaining Your User Account. We use your Personal Data to create and maintain your account and to allow you use the Services.
- Communicating With You About Our Services. We may use your Personal Data to send you marketing information about new Services and other items that may be of interest to you.
- Improving Our Services, Receive Feedback and Provide Support. We may use your Personal Data to make our platform more stable and user-friendly, to analyze Services issues, and to develop new marketing programs relating to the Services.
- We may use Anonymous Data and Aggregate Data to improve the design and content of our Services, enable us to personalize your Internet experience, analyze how our Services are used, analyze industry trends, as well as offer new products.
- Resolve Disputes and Comply with Legal Obligations.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
In general, we will not share your Personal Data except: (a) for the purposes for which you provided it; (b) with your consent; (c) as may be required by law (e.g., in response to a court order or subpoena, or in response to a law enforcement agency request); (d) as we think necessary to protect our organization or others from injury (e.g., when we believe that someone is causing, or is about to cause, injury to or interference with the rights or property of another); or (e) on a confidential basis with persons, partners or organizations with whom we contract to carry out internal site operations or as necessary to render the Services (“Service Providers”).
Although it is not our practice to sell your Personal Data, the CCPA further restricts us from selling your Personal Data if you click the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on the Services.
We may share Anonymous Data or Aggregate Data with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated organizations such as advertisers.
Finally, we may transfer your Personal Data to our successor-in-interest in the event of an acquisition, sale, merger or bankruptcy.
Are There Other Ways My Personal Data Could Be Shared?
You may elect to share certain Personal Data with other Members or with the public via your use of the Services or the Services, which as when you create a tenant/landlord account connected with a specific property or landlord/tenant. In this case, you will control such sharing via settings that we may provide. Always use caution when sharing information through our Services. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any consequences of your sharing of information through and beyond the Services.
How Can You Access and Control Your Information?
After registering for an account within the Services, you may log-in to your account and edit your Personal Data in your profile. The Services may also provide you with the option to “opt out” of data sharing activities or receipt of marketing communications from us or our alliances that you may have previously selected. You may have your name placed on our do-not-share list to specifically prohibit us from sharing your Personal Data with our business partners for marketing purposes. For instructions on how you can further access your Personal Data that we have collected, or how to correct errors in such information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We will also promptly stop using your information and remove it from our servers and database at any time upon your written request. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections or removing your information.
How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
After receiving your Personal Data, we will store it on our systems for future use. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect. Unfortunately, no data transmission or data storage solution can ever be completely secure. As a result, although we take industry-standard steps to protect your information (e.g., strong encryption), we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our Service Providers’ systems.
If you are using the Services from outside of the USA, you understand that your connection will be through and to servers located in the USA, and the information you provide will be securely stored in our web servers and internal systems located within the USA. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the USA, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under your local law.
We store Personal Data for as long as reasonably required for its purpose or for any additional period required by law (if any). We and our services will delete your account information and Personal Data without a reasonable time after you or we delete your account. We may store information longer for legitimate business reasons (for example, Personal Data may remain in backups for a reasonable period of time), or as legally required. Otherwise, we store your Personal Data until you request us to remove it from our servers. We may store our logs and other technical records indefinitely.
Cookies. To enhance your online experience with us, our web pages may presently or in the future use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that our web server may place on your hard disk to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other PII unless you choose to provide this information to us. Once you choose to provide PII, however, this information may be linked to the data stored in a cookie. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, providing you with as much control as you wish as to the decision to accept/reject the cookie, and deletion of the cookie upon leaving our Services. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the features of our Services. If you would like more information about cookies and how to control and delete cookies in various browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, please visit https://aboutcookies.org/.
GIFs. We or our Service Providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” “embedded links” and other commonly-used information-gathering tools in connection with some Services pages and HTML-formatted email messages. We use these tools for such purposes as compiling aggregate statistics about Services usage and response rates. A pixel tag is an electronic image (often a single pixel), that is ordinarily not visible to website visitors, and may be associated with cookies on visitors’ hard drives. Pixel tags allow us and our Service Providers to count users who have visited certain pages of the Services, to deliver customized services, and to help determine the effectiveness of our Services. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, pixel tags can inform the sender of the email whether and when the email has been opened.
Clickstreams. As you use the internet, you leave a trail of electronic information at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”, can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can reveal the type of computer and browsing software you use and the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) or IP address of the website from which you linked to the Services. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-Personal Data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Services, how visitors navigate through the Services, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. We will only use this information to improve our Services.
Do Not Track. Many modern web browsers give you the option to send a “Do Not Track” signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. At this time, the Services do not specifically respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
User Behavior Tracking. We may track the webpages and links our users visit within our Services, in order to determine what Services are most popular. We may use such tracking data to deliver customized content and advertising to users whose behavior indicates they are interested in a particular subject area. We may also collect user data to enable “heat mapping” capabilities that track the areas of a webpage where users most frequently move the mouse or click. These tracking activities make it possible to monitor and analyze web traffic and evaluate user behavior to customize our Services.
Collection of Information by Others
We may provide links to certain third-party websites that you may click-on from our Services. Please check the privacy policies of these other websites to learn how they collect, use, store and share information that you may submit to them or that they collect.
Children and Young People’s Information
We do not knowingly collect any information from any minors, and we comply with all applicable privacy laws including the GDPR, CCPA, USA Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and associated Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) rules for collecting Personal Data from minors. Please see the FTC’s website (www.ftc.gov) for more information. Our Services will not knowingly accept Personal Data from anyone under 13 years old in violation of applicable laws, without consent of a parent or guardian. In the event that we discover that a person under the age of 13 has provided PII to us without parental consent, we will make efforts to delete the person’s information in accordance with the COPPA. If you have concerns about this Services or its Services, wish to find out if your child has accessed our Services, or wish to remove your child’s Personal Data from our servers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
Our Contact Information
Copyright © 2023 LeaseProtector LLC. All rights reserved. The Services is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. This includes the content, appearance, and design of the Services, as well as the trademarks, product names, graphics, logos, service names, slogans, colors, and designs.